Saturday, September 16, 2006

Look Mom No Hoses

For the longest time, I wanted a cordless brad nailer. But I didn't want to shell out my hard earned cash for a fancy dewalt cordless nailer. Everytime I was at Lowes I'd eye a Black and Decker combo kit that had a 18v drill and 18v brad nailer for $199. I didn't really need another drill. I already had three cordless and one corded drill at my disposal.


Last week, I'm crusing the closeout table near the tool area and I spot the 18V Black and Decker Brad Nailer for $40. It was the display. Now since I already had a few B&D 18v tools, I didn't need the battery. It was payday and I had a few bucks burning in my pocket.

It's not a bad product for the small jobs. (Making wall frames, tacking small mouldings like window stop, fastening wood when gluing up, etc...) It can accept 18 gauge nails up to 2" and can shoot 500 times under a full charge. I don't know about the 12v version they have. But the 18V works great for those times you really don't want to drag out the compressor and hose for a few nails.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home